Keep track of your waistline if you have not done so. For man, your waistline should be less than 35 inches. For women it should be less than 30 inches.
The theory is simple, as your waistline gets larger, you are more likely to get diseases. Of course, waistlines are going to vary because people have different shapes and sizes. But you will know if your waistline too big for your shape.
You can look at the waist to height ratio. Quoted from http://www.health-calc.com: Waist to height ratio is a simple measurement for assessment of lifestyle risk and overweight. Compared to just measuring waist circumference, waist to height ratio is equally fair for short and tall persons. This calculator is valid for children and adults. See http://www.health-calc.com/body-composition/waist-to-height-ratio for more information.
A side from your waistline, you should also measure chest, hips, and thighs. This gives you an idea on how your body is changing. And as you lose fat you may not lose weight for a while. Your body will become toned as you exercise. The weight scale does not always tell you that your body is changing and losing weight. For a start, you should pen them down on a piece of paper.
Make this a good habit and you are on your way to a healthier you.
#health #Healthcare #scientifictradition #scientifictrad #anndylian #protect #natural #immune #immunity #lingzhi #social #linkedin #feature #featured #healthy #awareness #linkedin #facebook #water #firstworldproblems #ginseng #lingzhi #likeableworld #LikeableAmbassadors #anndylian #fitness #overweight #obese #BMI #cordyceps #waistline #weight
Chief Marketing Officer
Scientific Tradition Pte Ltd
- Image credit: http://www.freeimages.com/
Recent articles that I have published:
- How can green tea benefit all of us?
- 3 Ways to improve your metabolism
- Understanding Chinese Medicine: What is it?
- What is the secret to a long and healthy life?
- What is Ganoderma tsugae var jannieae?
- Lingzhi for Better Health and Total Well-being
- Hair loss – What are your treatment options?
- How can we do our part in handling the Ebola crisis?
- What makes Cordyceps so special?
- Medicinal mushrooms build immunity to #Ebola
- Water is essential to good health
- The Uses and Benefits of Ginseng
- Are you feeling overweight?
(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, dietitian nor nutritionist and I do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. All information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor, in your efforts toward desirable weight levels and health. Only your doctor can determine what is right for you. You should always do what is right for your own personal life.)