The benefits of coconut oil don’t just cover internally to improve your health, but externally as well to give you a smooth, ageless skin. Here’s the list of the advantages of eating coconut oil:
1. Prevent cardiovascular disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes.
2. Support the development of strong bones and teeth, prevent tooth decay and protect against osteoporosis.
3. Help you lose weight by generating up to 24 hours of thermogenic (fat-burning) response.
4. Kill viruses that cause mononucleosis, influenza, hepatitis C, measles, herpes, AIDS.
5. Kill bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infections, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and other diseases.
6. Kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
7. Expel or kill tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
8. Relieve symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, pancreatitis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcers, malabsorption syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, prostate enlargement and cystic fibrosis.
9. Mitigate your pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
10. Reduce your chronic inflammation and epileptic seizures.
11. Protect you against colon, breast and other cancers.
12. Prevent premature aging, kidney disease, liver disease, periodontal disease and bladder infections.
13. Moisturize your skin to prevent dry and flaky skin. And ward off skin infections.
14. Protect your skin against UV radiation that may aggravate your wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
15. Control your dandruff.
You might think that the above list of benefits of coconut oil is a lot, but in fact, this is just a conservative list. There’s more than what coconut oil can do for you. Eat it. Apply to your skin. And experience the amazing health and skin benefits that coconut oil will bring to you.
However, as there are about 4 types of coconut oil available in the market such as virgin, fractionated, RBD (refined, bleached and deodorized) and hydrogenated, it’s best to consume and use topically only the virgin coconut oil type as it provides the most health benefits.
Refined oil, especially hydrogenated, may cause harmful side effects since you’re ingesting trans fatty acid along with the oil which will more or less offset some of the natural nutritional benefits of coconut oil. Also, refined oil will clog up your pores when apply to skin whereas virgin coconut oil will not.
That’s why when you buy coconut oil for your health and skin benefits, choose only the virgin type. For even more radiant health and smoother skin, get organic virgin coconut oil which is free of pesticides.
Article Credits: Ideacopy
Image Credits: Pexels