Are you feeling overweight? Pants that used to fit is so tight now. And you are frustrated at how you look? But have you asked yourself- how much are you overweight? And how much weight do you need to lose?
One way I would normally suggest is to look at your Body Mass Index (BMI). This is calculated based on your height and weight. The formula looks like this:
Bodyweight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared
BMI = x KG / (y M * y M)
x=bodyweight in KG
y=height in m
Example for 175 cm height und 70 kg weight:
BMI = 70 / (1.75 * 1.75) = 22.86
The result is in kilograms by meters squared, or KG/M2. In most cases, people simply leave out this designation. It doesn’t have any real significance because humans don’t equate to real mathematical squares as the formula might suggest.
If this is too troublesome, you can use the BMI Calculator at Health Promotion Board, http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/gamesandtools-article/2408.
The standard weight status categories associated with BMI ranges for adults are shown in the following table.
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal|
|25.0 – 29.9||Overweight|
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
Try to get your BMI below 25. Under this number, you can expect to have good health and if you are eating the right type of food with a combination of regular exercise.
If your BMI is more than 28, you are more likely to have cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and many other diseases related to a toxic colon.
Above all, don’t worry, be HAPPY! If you are always troubled over your weight and your body is not good as well. A healthy mental well-being is just as important as physical fitness. Just keep going!
#health #Healthcare #scientifictradition #scientifictrad #anndylian #protect #natural #immune #immunity #lingzhi #social #linkedin #feature #featured #healthy #awareness #linkedin #facebook #water #firstworldproblems #ginseng #lingzhi #likeableworld #LikeableAmbassadors #anndylian #fitness #overweight #obese #BMI
Chief Marketing Officer
Scientific Tradition Pte Ltd
- Image credit: http://www.freeimages.com/
Recent articles that I have published:
- How can green tea benefit all of us?
- 3 Ways to improve your metabolism
- Understanding Chinese Medicine: What is it?
- What is the secret to a long and healthy life?
- Age of Abundance: Bring changes for the world
- How to get a good night sleep?
- What is Ganoderma tsugae var jannieae?
- Lingzhi for Better Health and Total Well-being
- Hair loss – What are your treatment options?
- How can we do our part in handling the Ebola crisis?
- What makes Cordyceps so special?
- Medicinal mushrooms build immunity to #Ebola
- Water is essential to good health
- The Uses and Benefits of Ginseng
(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, dietitian nor nutritionist and I do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. All information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor, in your efforts toward desirable weight levels and health. Only your doctor can determine what is right for you. You should always do what is right for your own personal life.)